Dry, brittle, difficult to comb hair, homemade hair moisturizing masks are welcome for curls.
One of the most effective solutions is a very light mask made from natural ingredients .
It allows you to take care of the hair for a long time… and at a low price!
Coconut milk, argan oil or vegetable yogurt, there are many recipes for homemade masks.
It’s time to add them to your beauty routine!
We have selected 6 easy-to-make and practical moisturizing masks , using ingredients you probably already have in your cupboard!
Moisturizing mask for curly hair based on coconut milk
Coconut milk is suitable for dry and damaged hair.
Unlike coconut oil, milk contains proteins that soothe the scalp and promote the growth and strength of curls.
This amazing ingredient is suitable for all types of curls: curly, wavy and frizzy.
Coconut milk not only provides intense hydration , but also illuminates!
- 3 spoons of coconut milk.
- 1 spoonful of castor oil.
- Take a bowl.
- Pour the coconut milk and castor oil and mix them.
- Optionally add ylang-ylang essential oil to strengthen the hair.
- Mix until a homogeneous preparation is obtained.
Distribute the preparation on your hair and leave on for 1 hour. Finally, use a mild shampoo to remove the rest of the mask.
Moisturizing mask for curly hair based on argan oil
Indeed, treatments based on argan oil are very nourishing and suitable for curly hair.
Note that curly hair tends to dry out quickly.
Atlas Cedar Essential Oil also deeply nourishes hair, repairs it and reshapes curls for better hold!
- 4 spoons of argan oil.
- A few drops of Atlas cedar essential oil.
- Prepare a small container.
- Finally, the two oils must be mixed to obtain a homogeneous product.
This homemade mask can be kept for at least 1 hour. Apply it on your hair, insisting on the ends.
If you can, do two loose braids and re -cover your hair to keep the heat in. Finally, shampoo normally.
Moisturizing mask for curly hair with honey and olive oil
Have you noticed the appearance of split ends in your curly hair?
Before removing the ends, try making this mask with honey and olive oil!
The honey restores the hair fiber and the oil ensures its softness.
You can also add lemon juice to lighten your hair and bring out the highlights!
- 2 tablespoon of honey.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil.
- juice of a quarter of a lemon.
- 8 tablespoons of water.
- Combine honey and oil in a bowl.
- Then add the water and lemon juice.
- Mix it all up, and it’s done.
For dry and damaged hair, apply the treatment to the hair, starting about 10 cm from the roots so as not to rub it off.
It’s even better, especially if you have oily hair!
Then, wrap your hair in a care cap or cellophane + a hot towel to intensify the effect of the mask.
If you have long hair, do a bun or a high braid first!
Leave the mask on for 2 or 3 hours. Finish with a mild shampoo, focusing on the roots.
Oatmeal and cornstarch moisturizing mask
Oatmeal is known for its moisturizing properties.
This granola is also great for styling and conditioning your hair!
Cornstarch improves the springiness of curls , helps lock in moisture and, most importantly, prevents frizz from being seen.
- Have 300 ml of water.
- 4 teaspoons rolled oats.
- 2 spoons of cornstarch.
- 1 spoon of honey.
- Get a saucepan.
- Heat the water with the cornstarch and mix well so that there are no lumps.
- Then, add the oat flakes and mix them.
- Add the honey and cook over low heat until you get a thick cream.
- Filter the preparation with a strainer.
- If possible, add a few drops of jojoba oil and allow to cool before use.
If you need a lot of hydration, apply the natural mask to your hair strands and leave it under charlotte for 2 hours.
Then finish with a shampoo. Otherwise, you can do the treatment immediately after shampooing for a few minutes in your shower.
Finish with a good rinse with lukewarm water then a jet of cold water. Since oats do not contain fat, they are suitable for oily hair!
Moisturizing mask for curly hair based on vegetable yogurt
Yogurt is a popular ingredient in face masks.
Indeed, it softens the hair and balances the pH of the hair.
- 1 natural and vegetable yogurt of your choice.
- Natural and organic coconut butter.
- Melt a tablespoon of coconut butter.
- Then mix the yogurt and oil in a bowl.
- Add 1 to 2 drops of essential oil of ylang ylang or your choice.
First distribute the mask on dry and detangled hair.
Then cover the hair with a charlotte and leave it on for 30 minutes.
Then wash your hair with a mild, natural shampoo.
A moisturizing mask with aloe vera
Aloe vera is ideal for curly hair that is affected by external influences such as heat and pollution.
So if you want to revitalize your hair, a homemade hair mask recipe is for you!
- 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel.
- a plain yoghurt.
- 3 drops of rosemary essential oil.
- Combine yogurt and aloe vera in a bowl.
- Add essential oil and blend again until smooth.
Application is simple: apply this super hydrating mask to damp hair and leave on for 30 minutes.
Rinse well with water and you’re done!
Why moisturize your hair?
A hair that lacks hydration will be dry. It’s hard to the touch, it’s rough, it has no shape or shine.
To regain its beauty, it must then be hydrated. And no, water alone is not enough!
The hair fiber needs a supply of moisturizing cream with fatty substances that retain moisture.
Dry hair isn’t the only one that needs hydration.
In theory, all hair types need it, because moisture not only gives hair shine, but also strengthens the hair fiber.
The hair is therefore better protected against free radicals and external influences.