We often doubt the effectiveness of a homemade hair mask made with products we have in our kitchen.
Yet these are the most recommended masks to deeply hydrate our hair.
Applying a natural mask weekly is the best way to take care of our hair.
How to prepare a natural mask? You should know that the preparation must imperatively be done according to the type of hair.
Dry hair ? Damaged hair? Greasy hair ? Each problem has its mask recipe!
The most important thing in your recipe is to respect the quantity and the time.
- Good to know: Essential oils are not recommended for children, pregnant or breastfeeding women, the elderly or those suffering from chronic illnesses. Before using essential oils, do not hesitate to consult a doctor.
What are the benefits of homemade masks?
So what are the benefits of homemade hair masks?
Let’s start with the fact that masks based on natural products have the same effect on the hair as those sold in stores or salons.
In short, its benefits are that it leaves hair hydrated, soft and shiny.
An added benefit is that you can control each ingredient as well as how much you spend on it.
So you may prefer this type of mask if you want to avoid certain chemicals or add more natural ingredients.
Prepare a homemade hair growth mask
Making masks can be really easy and even fun!
All you have to do is choose the right mask from the masks we have chosen to present to you in this article and find the ingredients in the kitchen.
Plus, all you need is a bowl and sometimes a blender or food processor to process the ingredients.
Some recipes even allow you to make larger batches and store them in the fridge.
Ingredients for a homemade hair mask
Homemade hair care does not require exotic or expensive ingredients.
In most cases, everything you need is already in your kitchen.
Some of the most common products used in this type of treatment include plain yogurt , honey , avocado , and coconut oil (or other oils used in cooking recipes, such as coconut oil). olive ).
Homemade masks prevent the effects of several products added by manufacturers to prolong the duration of hair care or for other purposes ( colorations , perfumes, silicones, etc.).
8 homemade hair mask recipes
Lemon to shine
- Benefits: deep care for dull, dry and damaged hair.
- Recipe: mix an egg yolk with a spoonful of olive oil and a spoonful of lemon juice. This mixture is applied to dry hair. Let stand for 10 minutes. Then, shampoo.
Clay and vinegar for oily hair
- Benefits: regulates the sebum of the scalp, eliminates dirt, impurities and dandruff.
- How to do it: mix a spoon of green clay and a spoon of cider vinegar until you obtain a smooth and homogeneous paste. Then wash and rinse your hair.
Avocado for fragile hair
- The plus: This mask softens the lengths and prevents the hair from drying out.
- Recipe: mix 1 avocado, 2 spoonfuls of olive oil , 2 spoonfuls of honey and an egg yolk. Mix well until you get a sweet and fluffy paste. Apply everything to your wet hair, cover your hair with cling film + towel and leave for at least 30 minutes.
Good to know : This homemade mask can be kept for a few days in the refrigerator. For very dry and fragile hair, it is recommended to use it twice a week.
Almond oil for maximum hydration
- The benefits: Almond oil is perfect for overcoming calluses and calluses.
- Recipe: Heat some oil in the microwave and apply the liquid to your locks. Leave on for 20 minutes before washing your hair as usual.
Argan oil for curly hair
- Benefits: argan deeply nourishes the hair without weighing it down.
- Recipe: Mix 2 tablespoons of argan oil with 4 drops of Atlas cedar essential oil (it stimulates growth). You can braid your hair and let it sit overnight before washing it the next morning.
Yogurt and honey
- The bonus: 2 softeners for the price of one ! Yogurt and honey are incomparable to leave your hair soft and silky.
- Recipe: Mix 1 pot of natural yogurt (preferably organic) with 2 tablespoons of honey. This mask is divided into ends and lengths.
Good to know: Mix a spoon with the same amount of olive oil or sweet almond oil and put it on the tips.
Coconut oil and ylang-ylang for radiant color
- Benefits: Coconut oil, safe for colored hair that deeply nourishes.. . while restoring shine.
- Recipe: Soak a little coconut oil in a bain-marie before adding a few drops of ylang-ylang essential oil. It increases the shine. If you have dry and damaged hair , do not hesitate to apply this mask overnight.
Eggs for a unique sweetness
- Benefits: Due to the protein it contains, yellow regenerates and nourishes the hair. White, on the contrary, covers them and reinforces them without bringing them down.
- Recipe: Mix 3 eggs with 3 tablespoons of olive oil and a few drops of cider vinegar. Then apply this mixture and apply it on dry lengths and ends. Cover your hair with plastic wrap + towel and leave it on for 15 minutes. Then rinse well, rub gently. Then you can rinse.
In short, making a homemade hair mask is not that difficult. Just follow one of our 8 natural DIY recipes.