To slow down hair loss and promote hair growth , you can use the benefits of carapate oil whose nourishing properties are undeniable.
Real hair oil that is good for your mane, this oil is more and more in demand as hair care to have beautiful hair.
What is carapate oil? Carapate oil, also known as “Jamaican black castor oil” is a dark oil extracted from the dried seeds of the carapati (an ordinary shrub from Africa). It is obtained by plunging the seeds of carapatier in hot water, these seeds secrete an oil which floats.
Its properties are very similar to castor oil . However, they should not be confused. These two oils indeed come from the castor bean , but their manufacturing process is different.
Benefits of carapate oil for hair
Carapate oil is full of many benefits. Carapate oil is strongly recommended for hair in general and particularly for frizzy, dry, brittle and split ends.
- It helps to restore strength and flexibility to the hair , but also to stimulate hair growth. Indeed, carapate oil will deeply nourish the hair fiber and repair it. Your hair thus regains all its luster and shine.
- It can also be applied effectively on fine hair . It provides strength and vitality, and makes the hair resistant and silky . You must apply it directly to the hair, emphasizing the lengths and ends. It is also very suitable for dry and dull hair.
- Also very rich in fatty acids, vitamins and essential nutrients , it plays an essential role in the beauty of the body, hair, eyelashes and nails.
However, it is not suitable for oily hair , since this oil is already oily in nature.
Indeed, this will only weigh down the scales and saturate the fiber with sebum, without providing them with good hydration .
Carapate oil: use
The use of carapate oil varies depending on the needs of your hair.
- To repair and nourish them in depth , choose a hair mask based on carapate oil.
- In order to hydrate them and promote hair growth , an oil bath is the most suitable solution. To do this, apply the oil to your hair, gently massaging the lengths. Insist well on the split ends then leave on for about thirty minutes before rinsing.
- You can also use it in daily care . In a spray bottle, add 1/4 oil and 3/4 water.
Carapate oil can be used alone or in combination with other vegetable oils (coconut oil, jojoba, brahmi…), or essential oils.
Carapate oil and castor oil
The difference between castor oil and carapate oil lies in the way the oil is extracted from castor seeds.
The traditional method of producing carapate oil is to roast castor beans (a process not much different from that of coffee), grind them into a thick paste and boil it in a saucepan. ‘Hot water.
Due to the difference in density between oil and water, the oil rises to the surface, where it is skimmed into individual bottles.
In contrast, castor oil is produced by cold pressing the same seeds by passing them raw through a press, without roasting or high temperatures.
The base remains the same: a simple castor bean and the main active component, ricinoleic acid, is present in both oils.
Both oils are therefore equally effective in improving hair growth and fighting hair loss.
Some DIY recipes based on carapate oil
Oil bath for damaged hair
Real care and repair, the oil bath nourishes very dry hair.
Heat the carapate oil in a bain-marie. You can add another vegetable oil such as sweet almond or argan oil.
Then, apply your oil bath to all of your hair and cover it with a hot towel or plastic wrap.
Then, let it act for at least thirty minutes so that the treatment can deeply nourish your hair.
Finally, rinse your hair well before doing your usual shampoo.
Nourishing and strengthening hair mask for dry and brittle hair
To make your mask, mix:
- 4 tablespoons carapate oil.
- 2 tablespoons of jojoba oil or avocado oil.
- a few drops of essential oil such as rosemary (optional).
Apply the mask all over the hair and massage the scalp , paying particular attention to dry lengths and ends. After having covered them with a hot towel, leave to act for about thirty minutes.
Finally, rinse and do your usual shampoo.
To coat your hair, don’t hesitate to apply a dab of shea butter to make it more supple and shiny.
Pamper your mane at least once a week, in order to find beautiful hair full of vitality.
And you, what oil do you use in your routine?