Shea butter is obtained from the nut of an African tree and is an ingredient present in several products.
Used by many people for hair maintenance, shea butter stands out from several other products.
Not only is it famous thanks to these virtues for the maintenance of the skin, it is also an ally for the hair.
What are its benefits on the hair? We present to you its benefits.
What are the properties of shea butter?
Shea butter is made from almonds following several steps.
It is rich in several nutrients that promote the maintenance, protection and development of hair. Shea butter contains:
- Vitamin A: it promotes shine and softening.
- Vitamin D: it promotes hair growth.
- Vitamin E: it is an antioxidant and promotes blood circulation.
- Fatty acids: they allow a better hydration in depth of the hair.
With a composition rich in several vitamins and fatty acids , it is beneficial for hair and skin.
What are the benefits of shea butter for your hair?
Shea butter like other hair care products like sweet almond oil has many benefits.
Whatever your hair type, you can apply it for a surprising improvement.
Shea butter protects the hair
Do you have damaged hair? With butter , you can repair the damage.
It plays a protective role against wind, sun, UV rays, etc.
By applying it to your hair, it protects your hair fiber from external aggressions.
Shea butter repairs and nourishes the hair
Many products can repair and nourish the hair.
But over time, the expected result is no longer the same.
For better repair of your hair, it is best to use organic shea .
The latter contains stearic and palmitic acid which nourishes and hydrates the hair fiber.
Shea butter softens the hair
Do you have frizzy, frizzy or curly hair that is dry? You can fix it easily.
Shea butter softens long hair. Thanks to its composition, it is an ally of curly and dry hair.
Shea butter adds shine to hair
To give a shiny color to your hair, you can opt for the use of shea butter.
Using it over a period of time can give your hair surprising shine.
Note that it can be combined with other vegetable oils for the maintenance of your hair.
Shea fights dandruff
Rich in vitamin A, it allows your hair to rehydrate easily.
Thus, it is an effective way to fight against the appearance of dandruff on the scalp.
How to choose a shea butter for your hair?
It comes in two forms. There is refined shea and raw shea .
Both forms of shea butter can come from the same nut, but will have different results.
Raw (unrefined) shea butter is natural and is light yellow in color. It has a creamy texture.
As for refined butter, it is processed in industries and comes in several forms in products.
The choice will mainly depend on your needs. However, it is preferable to use organic shea butter.
The latter is ecological and has many virtues for the hair and on other levels.
How to use quality butter on your hair?
Using shea butter is not always easy, as it has a solid texture.
Here are some steps to apply shea butter to your hair.
- Heat a walnut in the palm of your hands.
- Apply to your hair with care.
- Protect your hair with cellophane and a towel.
- Leave the shea butter on for at least 30 minutes. Note that you can leave it overnight if you applied the butter in the evening.
- Shampoo the shea butter out of your hair .
By following the steps described above, you can easily maintain your hair. When your hair is fine, be careful not to add too much butter, as it could weigh your hair down.
The frequency of use depends essentially on the result you want to have and the condition of your hair. When your hair is too damaged , it is good to use shea butter once or twice a week.
Which hair care recipe to choose?
Pre-shampoo mask recipe
To help you take advantage of all the benefits of shea and thus nourish your dry and damaged hair, this recipe is ideal. It is a pre-shampoo mask that gives a boost to your frizzy, curly or wavy hair.
For this mixture you will need:
- 1 spoon of argan oil.
- 2 spoons of pure shea butter.
- 1 spoon of coconut oil.
- 1 spoon of olive oil.
For the preparation :
- First, melt the butter over low heat and add the vegetable oils to the pan.
- Then, let cool and apply them on wet hair, making a good circular massage of the scalp so that the nutrients penetrate deep into it, but also to stimulate blood circulation.
You can wrap them in plastic wrap and a hot towel to open the scales.
- Leave to sit for a few hours or overnight, depending on your preference.
- finally rinse with clear, lukewarm water using your usual shampoo.
Bonus: 4 more Recipes
Hair requires regular care to grow well and look good over time.
To maintain your hair, there are several hair care recipes you can try. Here are some recipes for your hair.
- The homemade honey hair mask: To repair your brittle hair , you can opt for this hair care recipe. It consists of mixing one tablespoon of honey with two tablespoons of melted shea butter.
- Homemade hair mask with cocoa butter: To make this recipe, you need a tablespoon of cocoa butter with two drops of essential oil of your choice .
- The homemade hair mask with avocado: This recipe consists of mixing a piece of avocado with avocado oil . It repairs damaged and dry hair .
- Homemade hair mask with banana: this banana hair mask helps soften and grow hair . To get it, just mix a banana with a tablespoon of vegetable oil of your choice.
The hair care recipes listed above are effective and will allow you to give better protection and shine to your hair.
Note that there are other recipes like oatmeal mask , rhassoul powder , fenugreek to keep your hair in good condition.
Shea comes from the nut of a fruit. The latter is obtained from an African tree called Butyrospermum Parkii.
It comes in two forms. Refined shea and organic shea.
Thanks to its multiple benefits for the hair, shea butter is acclaimed by many people.
It is used in several hair care recipes. And you, do you use it or not yet?